Labtool 48 Upgrade

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP
Arcade King

Labtool 48 Upgrade

Postby Arcade King » 28 Apr 2016 22:39

G'day from Australia

I wasn't sure if I should make a new thread or post in a existing one because there are already several threads asking the same question however I have a few others.

I have the Labtool version of the 48, I'm a bit confused as to the upgrade process. I know there's an LV upgrade but I'm unclear if mine has the upgrade already.
It has the Rev B1.0 top board and firmware 2.20 from what I understand that can do LV devices? so do I just need the UXP kit?

I've wanted to upgrade mine to the full UXP for some time now but dealing with Advantch directly was fruitless.

Do you post to Australia and what payment methods are available?
Cheers
Travis

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Labtool 48 Upgrade

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 29 Apr 2016 09:05

Hello Travis,

It can be confusing but I hope the following information helps. The PCB version can be found in the corner of the top PCB inside the programmer.

A. D-48 (Firmware Version 1.9) *(1) can not be upgraded to 48UXP model.
B. D-48LV (Firmware Version 2.0 and Above) *(2) can be upgraded to 48UXP, please order the UXP Upgrade Kit.
C. D-48XP can be upgraded to 48UXP, please order the UXP Upgrade Kit.

*1: No support for 3.3V device, upper PCB version is A3.0 or earlier
*2: Support for 3.3V device, upper PCB version is B1.0

48 = board version A3.0 or earlier
48LV = board version B1.0 or later

The UXP hardware upgrade kit for 48LV/48XP adds USB 2.0 connectivity, support for Windows XP / Vista (32-bit only) / Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) / Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit) and access to the latest device support.

The included software license is valid for 2 years and provides access to software updates released within this time. If subsequent updates are required, a new license will need to be purchased. If a new license is not purchased or subsequent updates are not required, the last update released within the 2 year time will continue working. Please see 48XP/48UXP Software License for further information.

NOTE: The UXP upgrade kit is suitable for 48LV / 48XP models only, support for Windows 7 (64-bit) and Windows 8 (64-bit) is limited to the USB connection only.

If you can send an email to [email protected] confirming your programmer model and providing your full company invoice and shipping address, our team will provide our formal quotation for the necessary upgrade kit(s) including shipping and payment options.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Arcade King

Postby Arcade King » 29 Apr 2016 22:06

Hi Neil
Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like I can just buy the UXP upgrade however I'm not sure what you mean by "full company invoice"? I bought my unit second hand several years ago.

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 03 May 2016 07:54

Hello Travis,

In order to generate a formal quotation including shipping costs we need a full invoicing (billing) address and a shipping address (including ZIP/Post Code) if different from the invoicing address.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Arcade King

Postby Arcade King » 03 May 2016 20:42

Ok I understand now.
Cheers

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”