USB driver version error

Topics related to the Dataman 48Pro2
IntegraUser

USB driver version error

Postby IntegraUser » 13 Jan 2020 23:37

I was using our 48Pro2 to programming some FPGA's and successfully had over 60 programmed when the software locked up and error box popped up stating USB driver version error (V:3.42.0000 E:3.24.0.x). I found a newer version of the PG4UW software on this website and after installing it everything seems to be back to normal again. Since I bought this programmer over a year ago and we are just now beginning to use it in production mode I can understand new versions of software may be released. What my question would be is how did I get by the last couple of weeks creating the jobs then programming >60 devices before the software didn't want to run any longer, and if the software knows there is a newer version available can it be setup to do automatic updates or is that something I wouldn't want to do? Can I get notifications when new software is available and should I always install it when it becomes available?

Rgs,

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: USB driver version error

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Jan 2020 12:34

Hello IntegraUser,

I am not sure why that error occurred without analysing the full problem report but if you had just reinstalled the same software version again, it would have fixed the situation. Connecting the programmer to a different USB port may also have helped by forcing it to install the USB driver agiain.

There is no auto-update feature in our control software, in order to be made aware of new software updates I recommend that you subscribe to the following section on our users forum: viewforum.php?f=39

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Neil parker
Dataman Programmers

IntegraUser

Re: USB driver version error

Postby IntegraUser » 15 Jan 2020 19:40

Thank you Neil, I have subscribed to the forum that lets me know about any new software updates.

Rgs,

Return to “Dataman 48Pro2”