Automotive applications

General topics relating to devices and programming

Automotive applications

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 10:48

hi, im interested in reprogramming engine controllers for chrysler cars. im a service technician at a chrysler dealership, there we can reprogram engine controllers with use of a hand held scanner. we download vehicle flashes from our server to the scanner and then plug into the vehicle's diagnostic connector for the update. im not to up on this stuff but i do know that our computers memory is erased and then reprogramed. im interested in learning how to modify certain parameters of the engine controller for performance gain. anyone have any suggestions on equiptment or websites on this subject? Any response would be appreciated> ! thanks

russell

Re: Automotive applications

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 10:48

If you havent already try the websites theres got to be something out there. They got modes for playstation theres got to be something for cars!!
and once you get the stuff down can probely get lucrative.

ill keep my eyes open [email protected]

kurt auerbach

Re: Automotive applications

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 10:49

GM Passlock problem. Does anyone know how to by-pass the Passlock system on a 2001 Chev Silverado 4.8 liter, automatic? There must be a simpler way than the relays and resistors methods I've found so far. Also I can't seem to get the required resistance reading. The Security message is on all the time. So I'm wondering if it won't give me the value in this mode. Can anyone help me I really don't want to go spending $500 or $600 at the dealership for an ignition swithch that will wear out again.

dan anderson

Return to “Devices and Programming”