Programming Fujitsu 27128 with .bin files on S4

General topics relating to devices and programming

Programming Fujitsu 27128 with .bin files on S4

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 11:27

Hi,

I'm using a Dataman S4 and have some .bin files which contain sound samples which I need to burn on to a Fujitsu MBM27128-25 EPROM (which I believe is the 27128 setting on the S4)

I'm just wondering how the best way of getting the .bin fiile into the memory of the S4 is. I am using the Windows software with the S4. When I press F9 to load the file in, it excepts .hex files by default. I can however select "All Files" and the software will then except the .bin file. I can then successfully transfer the file to the S4, with the S4 set to Intel. I've then tried burning an EPROM. However when playing sounds back off the EPROM, it clearly hasn't loaded the sounds from the .bin file to the S4 memory correctly, because most of the EPROM is blank with a little bit of random data at the start.

The .bin file definately contains sounds, with each sample stored as 2 hexadecimal values. I think I must have the S4 or windows software set up wrong.

thanks for your help

Paul

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Programming Fujitsu 27128 with .bin files on S4

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 11:28

Hi Paul,

If the file you are sending to the S4 is binary then the S4 must be set up to receive binary. This is done by hitting SETUP on the S4 then using the arrow keys to change the selection to binary. Hitting ESC saves the value and returns to the prompt.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Re: Programming Fujitsu 27128 with .bin files on S4

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 11:28

Great thanks. Got it to work in the end - I was making a couple more mistakes too, but eventually got it to work. I was pressing F9 instead of F8 in software and had the S4 in receive mode, when it can be controlled entirely from the software and can be left in idling mode. Works now though!

thanks

Paul

Return to “Devices and Programming”