Old programming adapters

General topics relating to devices and programming

Old programming adapters

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:13

Are the Dataman programmers from the same family as the earlier emp programmers from Needham's electronics? I have an emp-21 programmer that works perfectly, but unfortunately Needham's is out of business and data is difficult to obtain. I am now in need of programming the Intel series e28 tsop56 flash memory chips but can't find adapter e21-tsop56-j3. My question is twofold:

Would the equivalent Dataman adapter have the same pinout as the adapter for the emp-21?

Given that this may not be the case, would anyone have any data on the pin locations between this adapter and the emp-21 programmer they could share? I'm hoping my programmer is not turning into an expensive paperweight!

Finally, is there a method to determine which signal is being provided to which pin on the programmer? (Ex: pin 1 = dq15, etc) In this case when I only need to program a few chips, I would rather build an adapter than purchase one.

I hope this isn't off topic, but if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

busdriver

Return to “Devices and Programming”