hy27us08121
when you add nada flash
my friend have Dataman 48Pro+ and progrmming it

oneday

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: hi 4 all

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 12:19

Hello oneday,

There are two reasons why the Hynix HY27US08121 NAND FLASH device is not supported on the Dataman-48XP/UXP. While it is still a very good programmer, the maximum density of device that can be supported on the D48XP/UXP is limited to 256 Megabit, this Hynix device is 512 Megabits in size. The second reason is that the Dataman-48XP/UXP has no bad block management (BBM) scheme, so any NAND FLASH devices must be 100% good with no bad blocks in order to program them on this programmer. The very nature of NAND based FLASH devices is that they do often have bad blocks, this is however not a problem if they are managed by a BBM system.

The Dataman-48Pro+ and 48Pro2 programmers are based on newer hardware and do not have either of the above limitations, some of the largest devices currently supported on these programmers have now reached 8 - 16Gigabits in size.

The 48Pro+ and Pro2 programmers, as well the the gang programmers 448Pro+/Pro2 and the 848Pro2 all have comprehensive BBM support. A user manual on the subject of BBM can be found on our website.

Full details of the 48Pro+ and Pro2 can also be found on our website.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:20

now you told me 48uxp cant support nada flash you said me same 48 cant suport spi flash you must have 48uxp and now must have 48pro+
and 48uxp =795
48pro+=695
how i pay more and i cant progrmming flash as 48pro+
now im sorry if i will pay i will go to anther company as superpro
wellon =china can progrmming nada flash

oneday

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 12:20

Hello oneday,

For large capacity NAND/NOR FLASH based devices we always recommend the Dataman-48Pro+/Pro2. We would not have recommended the D48XP/UXP for programming the Hynix HY27US08121 or similar large capacity NAND FLASH devices.

The 48XP/UXP and 48Pro+/Pro2 programmers are from two different ranges and so hardware, features and support vary. The Dataman-48Pro+/48Pro2 programmers are based on newer hardware, some of the largest devices currently supported on these programmers have reached 8 & 16 Gigabits in size.

The alternative programmers that you have mentioned are either substantially more expensive then the 48Pro+ or missing critical features such as any bad block management which is especially important for the Hynix HY27US08121 NAND FLASH device. You have already seen that your friend is successfully programming this device with our programmer. As you have an existing programmer we would be happy to offer you a trade in discount for your current unit against the 48Pro+. If this offer is of interest then please contact me directly [email protected] and I will provide an accurate quotation for the trade-in.

Regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Devices and Programming”