2564 support on S3 & S4

General topics relating to devices and programming

2564 support on S3 & S4

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:21

Hi,

I have an S4, and the device library for it doesn't list the 2564 EPROM.

This page:

http://www.dataman.com/Pdf/DatamanS3DeviceList.pdf

shows the S3 can support it.

Why doesn't (or why can't) the S4 support 2564 as well?

Regards,
John

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: 2564 support on S3 & S4

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 12:21

Hello John,

The TMS 2564 EPROM device is very old (the datasheet I have is dated 1982). At the time we were moving from the S3 to the S4 I can only imagine that due to lack of interest or popularity of the device it was not included in the S4 libraries. As far as I can see S4 is capable of generating the 25V required for programming this device. As the S4 is no longer a current product it will not be receiving any further support.

I can offer you a solution to programming the TMS 2564 EPROM device. I would recommend the Dataman-40Pro as it supports MEMORY, LOGIC, PLD, EPLD, MICROCONTROLLERS (PIC/MCS51) etc similar to the S4.

I believe the Dataman-40Pro is the best model in its class worldwide at the moment currently supporting over 24,800 devices. The programmer has extremely fast programming speeds with a USB 2.0 interface and easy to use operating software which is supported under all Windows version up to and including Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit). The 40Pro also has software updates every 2-3 weeks available to download free of charge from our website to keep the unit up to date with the latest devices being released. The programmer also has an In System Programming (ISP) connector with a JTAG interface which programs chips whilst still inside the end target system.

We provide a 30 day money back guarantee on all our programmers and this programmer comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.

If you have any further queries or would like to order this programmer, please feel free to contact me.

Regards

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Devices and Programming”