K9F1G08U0C copying one another with NAND flash bad block 3

General topics relating to devices and programming

K9F1G08U0C copying one another with NAND flash bad block 3

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:32

I need to know how to copy a nand flash to another.
I got a good running, saved the files on PC.

then I got another good working memory, it deleted the files, I have a boot block and check and bad block appeared.

I made the save files to the destination memory, but when she put the phone did not work.

Did not worked by bad block in the memory 3 destination? What procedure should I do to get success in your copy? to have a gigabit memory and has 132MB files. then we have plenty of room, more need to know what procedure to do the copy work.

Note: I did the test then a new target memory, which had a bad block, and the same thing happened.

Clodoaldo.
www.caraudiobr.com.br
msn:[email protected]
email:[email protected]

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: K9F1G08U0C copying one another with NAND flash bad block

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 17 May 2013 14:58

Hello Clodoaldo,

Copying a NAND FLASH device is not considered a good idea for long term reliability due to the invalid blocks inherent within the devices. Working with NAND FLASH devices is non-trivial.

I have provided a link to an application note that we have produced on this very subject. Please read this information and follow the parameters mentioned therein for copying a NAND device using RAW mode.

If you still have questions, please specify exactly the problem and I will try to help.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Devices and Programming”