USB problems

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP

USB problems

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 11:46

Just received my 48UXP and installed the software before plugging in the programmer into USB (as per normal USB device installation e.g. drivers must be installed prior to new hardware detection).

When I plugged the programmer in, I got the new hardware detected but Windows complained that no driver could be found. I tried manual installation of "new hardware" and also de-installation followed by reinstallation to no avail.

I'm using a legacy free PC (no parallel port) under Windows XP Pro SP2. I have numerous USB devices and have not experienced a single problem before.

Obviously, the programmer is not detected and application enters Demo Mode.

Adendum
I have just tried it on a borrowed laptop running XP Pro SP1 and still have same problems with USB. Fortunately this has a parallel port and that seems to be OK. This is not a long term solution as the laptop is borrowed.

Dave McKelvie
Yarg Biometrics

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: USB problems

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 11:46

David,

Which version of the D48UXP software are you running? I ask because there are two verisons of the software, one for parallel and one for USB. Please download the USB vsoftware version 6.00 from our website.

You will need to remove the curent version before installing the new one.

Neil

Re: USB problems

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 11:46

Hello David,
Did you manage to solve this one because i have exactly the same problem.
Called the Dataman help line but not much help. Told me to try another usb port, and if that didnt work, try another computer!
Chris Shepherd - Sony

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”