NAND "update" mode or just erase part of it?

Topics related to the Dataman 48Pro+

NAND "update" mode or just erase part of it?

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 16:30

Im working with nand chips and i just need to replace the first few blocks. but with the programmer, i have to read it all, erase the chip, load the new first blocks then program it all back.

I want to either be able to do:

"update" mode, programmer reads the chip then just updates whats different

or

erase 0-XX blocks so i can just program those back

Bad_Ad84

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: NAND "update" mode or just erase part of it?

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 16:30

Hello Bad Ad84,

What you are asking for can technically be implemented into our software. Please note that the programming of only the specified area of a Flash device is already implemented. This can reduce the programming time if only part of the device is used to hold data.

The erase operation will have to include everything between the specified "Start Block" and "Last Block". This is the only way to implement the erase command.

I must stress that you are the first customer to request this feature and the implementation is not trivial, therefore we cannot add the request to our standard schedule without requests from other customers.

The alternative option is that you share some of the development costs in the form of a NRE (Non Recurring Engineering) charge for the feature. If this is something that you would consider then please contact me directly: [email protected]

Regards

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 48Pro+”