Labtool 48 xp

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP
ecufix

Labtool 48 xp

Postby ecufix » 18 Jan 2017 14:33

Hi ,please advise me ,we had some bad weather and my labtool48 blew its power supply. I used an external hard drive power supply and now the unit powers up however it fails on verification .When I do a self diagnostics it fails on a few tests .Will upgrading to 48uxp solve my problems,thanks ,regards

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Labtool 48 xp

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 18 Jan 2017 14:59

Hello ecufix

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Dataman programmer.

Unfortunately it is hard to say for sure if the UXP upgrade kit which replaced the lower PCB in the programmer will fix the problem you describe. The UXP upgrade it also requires you to reuse the PSU from your current programmer.

I would recommend that you return the programmer to us for inspection/repair in our lab. Our returns form can be found on our website here: http://www.dataman.com/dataman-warranty ... ir-service

If you PM me your details I can arrange for our formal quotation for the repair or UXP upgrade kit to be sent over.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

ecufix

Postby ecufix » 19 Jan 2017 07:08

Thanks for that info .Please tell me how to generate the .rep file.thanks,regards

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 19 Jan 2017 09:00

Please uninstall any software you currently have installed for your programmer and reboot the computer. Once restarted, please download and install the following software.

http://www.dataman.com/downloads/dl/fil ... ftware.zip

Once installed, please connect your programmer and run the self test function (F7) on your programmer as it is and send the resulting self test report file *.rep to us.

You can find the self test report file here (Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7) C:\Program Files\Dataman Programmers Ltd.\Dataman-48UXP\AExxxxxxxxxx.rep where the AE number will match the number on the back of your programmer. Alternatively search on the PC for "*.rep".

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman programmers

ecufix

Postby ecufix » 25 Jan 2017 06:45

Hi Neil thanks for your assistance so far , however I am not progressing at all .When I carry out your instructions I get a message to purchase an up grade kit from Dataman.I am in South Africa and purchased this machine about 20 years ago and that agent does no longer exist .I would really like to keep and repair it and getting this .rep report to you for analysis seems to be the next logical thing .The only other way might be to send screen shots of every failure as it comes up , what are your thoughts on that , please advise me , thanks ,regards

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 25 Jan 2017 11:20

The subject mentions the Labtool 48 XP, but your message mentions the Labtool48. If your programmer really is the original Labtool48 or Labtool48LV model, then the software and instructions I provided will not work.

Please clarify exactly which programmer model you have, 48, 48LV, 48XP or 48UXP.

Below are the Dataman48 upgrade paths showing which versions of the programmers can be upgraded to the latest UXP version and also how to identify the different versions.

A. D-48 ( Firmware Version 1.9 ) *(1) can not be upgraded to D-48UXP.
B. D-48LV ( Firmware Version 2.0 and Above ) *(2) can be upgraded to D-48UXP, please order the UXP Upgrade Kit.
C. D-48XP can be upgraded to D-48UXP, please order the UXP Upgrade Kit.

*1: No support for 3.3V device, upper PCB version is A3.0 or earlier
*2: Support for 3.3V device, upper PCB version is B1.0

Once we establish the model, I can provide my recommendation.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

ecufix

Postby ecufix » 26 Jan 2017 09:05

Hi ,I am not sure where I got Labtool 48xp from , all that's printed on the machine is Advantech Lab Tool 48, it is the one that uses the parallel printer port ,sorry about the confusion, regards

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 26 Jan 2017 10:08

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation. The original Dataman or Labtool-48 model would require both the 48LV upgrade kit (top PCB) and the 48UXP upgrade kit (lower PCB) in order to bring it up to date. However, in this situation it may be more cost effective to take advantage of our trade in program, you can trade in any existing programmer (regardless of brand or condition) and receive a discount off a new programmer. Your Labtool-48 programmer would be eligible for this scheme.

If this is of interest, please provide details (manufacturer part name and package type) of the chips you need to read/program and I can recommend a suitable programmer from our current range.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”