48UXP USB CONNECTION AND WINDOWS VISTA

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP

48UXP USB CONNECTION AND WINDOWS VISTA

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:06

Just bought a new Laptop running Win Vista and woun't accept my previous driver Cd of version 6.10 software.

Would some one tell me how to get the right software drivers for Windows Vista?

Thanks in advance,

Alex T.

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: 48UXP USB CONNECTION AND WINDOWS VISTA

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:06

Alex,

The D48UXP software is not supported under Windows Vista and we have no plan to update this at the moment.

Please use a PC with Windows XP or earlier.

Neil

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:06

I connected 48uxp to my new Netbook (Win7 Starter) with usb.
Got message that software would not work with Vista and Win7.
Right clicked desktop icon, > Troubleshoot compatability.
Windows set the program for XP, sp2 compatability and all seems well with the world once again.

Bill

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:07

Hello Bill,

The Dataman-48XP/UXP software does not work under Windows Vista or 7. While you can use the Windows compatibility mode to fool the software into running the programmer will not operate optimally.

The programmer may not provide the level of data retention that would be achieved using it under a supported and thoroughly tested environment. Not following our recommendations can decrease your programming yields (increase the count of bad programmed devices), and often increases programming times, or even affects the long term reliability of the programmed device.

If you are working under Windows Vista or 7 then I would recommend looking at the Dataman-48Pro+.

The Dataman-48Pro+ is available from stock at all times for same day despatch.

The Dataman-48Pro+ I believe is the best model in its class worldwide at the moment supporting over 53,600 devices. The programmer has extremely fast programming speeds with a USB 2.0 interface and easy to use operating software which is supported under Windows 7 and all previous Windows versions. The D-48Pro+ has software updates every 2-3 weeks available to download free of charge from our website to keep the unit up to date with the latest devices being released. The programmer features an In System Programming (ISP) connector with a JTAG compliant interface allowing chips to be programmed whilst still inside the end target system.

We provide a 30 day money back guarantee on all our programmers and this programmer comes with a 3 year warranty as standard.

We accept all major credit cards and will despatch your goods on the day of receiving your order.

If you have any further queries or would like to order these items please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Neil Parker

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:07

I am running Win 7 32 bit on my laptop..
I was trying to reset my printer ink pads full counter last week and it needs XP.. Somehow I found that misrosoft is offering virtual XP 32 bit for Win7 32 & 64..
Has anyone tried ths with the 48UXP?
Seems to work.. But worried I might stuff a few micros..

Thanks

Ray Merrick

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:07

Hello Ray Merrick,

I would not advise you to operate the programmer under this environment. While the software will appear to operate correctly we cannot guarantee that any devices will be correctly programmed and may fail earlier then expected.

The Dataman-48UXP software is only guranteed to operate correctly Under Windows XP and earlier Windows versions.

If you need to run a programmer under Windows Vista or Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), then I would recommend that you look at the Dataman-48Pro+ or 48Pro2 programmers. They both support the same devices as the 48XP/UXP and a whole load more! and you get faster programming times and more frequent device support updates.

If you would like more information about these programmers please check our website or ask me directly: [email protected]

Regards,
Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

pss0ft

Postby pss0ft » 04 Jan 2014 16:50

Hello,

I wonder how diffecult it can be to transform the current software (XP and lower windows version) into a version for Vista (and higher). I am using Windows 7 64bit and I am not able to use my programmer. I am an amateur programmer myself so I know what I am talking about.

Yes, I know it will not work under Windows 7 64 bit, but I wonder why nobody (more owners) say the same as I am. I think you as a company are obligated to us to upgrade the software instead of referring to previous versions of Windows. You still selling this one, aint you? Even XP is not supported anymore, but they don't sell it eiher.

Not everybody has another PC with a previous version of Windows on it and if you take a look what this programmer costs new then it is strange that you still sell with ancient software.

Kind regards,

H.F.P. Pit

pss0ft

Postby pss0ft » 29 May 2014 14:56

Huh?

There is a Windows 7 version of the software and now we need a license to run it? Bying a license gives me only 2 years using it for 150 English pound? So... first we buy a very expensive programmer. After that we have to buy the new software for 150 UK POUND? Come on!!! My Laptop does not even run under Windows XP.

So there we are... free software for Windows XP, but no hardware able to go back to Windows XP. Or... buy the expensive (150 UK Pound - License 2 years) to run the programmer in Windows 7. I am only using it for eproms burning with packetradio software. Not even for others, but myself. A lot of money for just doing that.

I am very disappointed in this company. :-(

Kind regards,

Henk de PH5HP

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Jun 2014 14:57

Hello Henk de PH5HP,

Thank you for your comments regarding the license required in order for the Dataman-48XP/UXP programmers to operate under Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is the only option we can offer in order to allow you to use the programmer under these versions of Windows.

I would like to clarify that the Software License for the 48XP/UXP not only adds support for Windows Vista(32-bit) and Windows 7(32-bit & 64-bit) but also provides access to the latest device support for this programmer.

The license is valid for 2 years and provides access to software updates released within this time. If subsequent updates are required, a new license will need to be purchased. If a new license is not purchased at the end of the 2 year period or subsequent updates are not required, the last update released within the 2 year time will continue working indefinitely.

If you have any further questions or comments then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”