Remote control programming problem

Topics related to the Dataman MEMPro

Remote control programming problem

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 15:56

Hi,
I am trying to interface with the pg4uw.exe from my application developed under MS VS 2008 (C++).

When I call the remotelb.dll function lpfnCreatServerAndMakeListenToClients() from my application I get the exception "0xC0000096: Privileged Instruction"

When looking for an explanation of this exception I found this:

"Now Privileged Instruction -

Win32-based applications that call inp(), outp(), and so forth can be successfully compiled and linked. However, these applications will generate the privileged instruction exception because the port I/O functions cannot be called from code running in user mode.

Do not call the following functions from within a Win32-based application executing in user mode:

_inp()
_inpw()
_inpd()
_outp()
_outpw()
_outpd()
"

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get around this problem?
Cheers

Bridgy

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Remote control programming problem

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 15:56

Hello Bridgy,

I am aware fo the "CreateServerAndMakeListenToClients", but I am not sure where you got "lpfnCreatServerAndMakeListenToClients()".

We provide a full user manual for the remote control feature including examples of code which you can use. These can be found in the Pg4uw program folder:

C:\Program Files\Dataman\Dataman-Pro\remotectrl

If you still find that you are having problems please let me know.

Regards

Neil Parker
Dataman

Re: Remote control programming problem

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 15:57

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your quick response, it is much appeciated.

I sorted out my problem with the remote call (duff parameters).

I have another question for you though. Is it possible to remotely start the PG4UW application in such a way that it's main window does not get displayed at all. At the moment I can start up the process and imediately call SEND_CMD_HideMainForm() from my application but the main form still flashes up for a while. I would dearly like this not to happen. Any ideas?

Regards

Neil Bridgen

Return to “Dataman MEMPro”