Disaster struck

Topics related to the Dataman S4
Dave Dawson

Disaster struck

Postby Dave Dawson » 23 Mar 2014 20:15

Hi All, Disaster..... :(

My trusty S4 has lost it's help file and I don't have it on an eprom.

Can anyone help please?

Cheers Dave UZN

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Disaster struck

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 25 Mar 2014 12:03

Hello Dave,

If you can get hold of a serial cable (null modem) then you can transfer the library to the S4 over the cable using the S4 driver for Windows.

An application note on doing this can be found on our website here.

In order to determine which library you need for a device you need to look at the device list which can be found on our website here. Searching in the document for "27C512" will highlight several results as this device is supported under different manufacturers. All references to this part name will fall under a heading in the document, this heading directly references which library version you need.

In this example it is the "S4 8 bit (EPROM) lib. V3.00".

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Dave Dawson

Postby Dave Dawson » 30 Mar 2014 14:52

Hi Neil, I have followed your instructions to the letter but when it gets to 'start library' I press the enter button on the S4, there is a bleep but nothing happens.....The unit then locks up until it is turned off and the reset button pressed.

Not sure if my S4 is faulty :cry:

Cheers Dave

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 31 Mar 2014 08:29

Hello Dave,

This sounds like there is dirt or contamination on the contacts of the ZIF socket. Please lock a device into the ZIF socket and then using your thumbs slide it from side to side scraping the contacts. This should improve the contact with the device and allow you to load the library.

Please let me know if this does not help as we may need it back here for repair.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Dave Dawson

Postby Dave Dawson » 31 Mar 2014 15:56

Neil, I can confirm that you have been trying to help the biggest idiot S4 owner on the planet :shock:

Until you said about a dirty prom socket it hadn't dawned on me that I needed a blank 27C256 in it !!!!!!!!!!!!

All sorted now........Thanks for your help from an idiot in London (well at least I admit it)

Cheers Dave

Return to “Dataman S4”