Gang-of-eight: RS232?

Topics related to the other Dataman programmers

Gang-of-eight: RS232?

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:57

Like others here, I have the Gang-of-Eight programmer but no software. I've searched extensively on the web but can't find it anywhere -- groan...

I now have a couple of questions: is the port on the rear of the unit RS232 serial (which I believe it is)? Can the unit be programmed from standard terminal software when connected via the serial port? Anyone any idea what key commands might be useful? Can any useful programming be done with the unit as a standalone (apart from straight copying from the master socket)?

If anyone has a manual and/or software I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks, Jerry

Re: Gang-of-eight: RS232?

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:58

Email me at chris 'at' chrismillard 'com' if you want manuals for the gang of eight

christopherpm

RacingSnail

Postby RacingSnail » 19 Jul 2020 23:21

Hi Jerry

I'm a rookie in this forum and have just read your message. It's a while ago, probably I'm a little late... but in case you still should be looking for a manual, I can happily provide one in PDF format; however, it seems to be somewhat preliminary since there are some blank places in the text, and some of them are filled-in by hand-writing. Unfortunately there is no issue date contained. Please send me a PM with your email address, and please check what file size you can receive (it's about 1.7 MB).

If you should have got a manual during the last years, I kindly ask you to provide it to me - your version might be somewhat more recent than mine ;)

My GO8 programmer was salvaged from the dump of a former employer and I did not operate it since then, mainly because I don't know the polarity of the external supply and whether it requires AC or DC... Any information on that, please?

Best regards
Robert

scotland123

Postby scotland123 » 25 Jun 2021 08:22

Hi

Would be useful to get a copy of the manual if you still have it?

The voltage is 30V AC or DC.

Thanks

Return to “Other Dataman Programmers”