MCM2814 programmed failed using Pro2C

General topics relating to devices and programming
keesiong

MCM2814 programmed failed using Pro2C

Postby keesiong » 05 Feb 2015 02:02

i managed to read out the contents of an programmed MCM2814 EEPROM but when i program the copied contents into a blank 2814, i got "verifying device -error".

this device has data protection but if the contents are copied out already, it shouldn't affect the programming of subsequent devices right? what else could be causing this "verifying device -error"?

Thanks,
ks

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: MCM2814 programmed failed using Pro2C

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 05 Feb 2015 10:39

Hello keesiong,

Did you see the following information about this device in the "Device info" section of our software:

General Info:
Disconnect please pin 7 of device from ZIF socket before programming.
This chip is based on the EEPROM technology, therefore it can be reprogrammed each byte without previous erase procedure. The erase operation is not available or not necessary (and therefore not supported by our programmers).

This device does not have any protection features so you should be able to read the contents of a master device and make a copy by burning the data into a new device.

Please make sure you are using the latest software for the programmer which is currently v3.11

If the problem remains then please recreate the verify error in the software and generate a problem report using the (Help > Create problem report) feature in the software. Please provide a copy of this file here on the forum or email it to [email protected] which will come through to me for analysis.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers.

Return to “Devices and Programming”