Best Device to buy advise Please

General topics relating to Dataman that do not fit the above categories
Mr Taylor

Best Device to buy advise Please

Postby Mr Taylor » 11 Jan 2017 10:13

Hi

I would like to buy the device but not sure which device.
I'm looking at repairing some of my electronic pcb with possible chip faults.
I am after an all round unit 40 or 48 pin, to run on my laptop using Windows XP.

Questions:
Will the device copy a chip?
Will the device test the chip to see if it is faulty.
Can I copy a good chip and use the device to compare my working chip to possible faulty chip.
Can the unit be connect to my iMac ?

I'm looking at the S6 & Dataman 40 pro or 48

If you need anymore info please let me know.

Mr Taylor

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Best Device to buy advise Please

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Jan 2017 15:19

Hello Mr Taylor,

Thank you for your post. Based on your requirements I would recommend the Dataman-48Pro2. I believe the Dataman 48Pro2 to be the best in its class on the market worldwide at the moment. The Dataman 48Pro2 offers super fast programming speeds and includes advanced features such as ISP capability, USB 2.0 interface and comprehensive software compatible with Windows XP, Server 2003, Vista, 7, 8 and 10. The Dataman 48Pro2 supports over 97,000 devices which is updated every 3 - 4 weeks with each update adding 200 - 300 new chips. Support can be added for missing devices quickly and typically free of charge.

The programmer comes as standard with our 3 year parts and labour warranty, free life-time technical support and software updates. I have attached the specification and further information can be found on our website.

We offer a 30 day no quibble money back guarantee with all of our programmers, however to date we have never had one returned, and quite honestly I do not expect to.

We currently have the Dataman 48Pro2 programmer in stock and on receipt of payment can dispatch the same day. We require payment in advance and this can be made via bank transfer or for a faster turnaround we accept all major credit cards.

If you can provide a list of chips that you will be working with then I can double check the support on this programmer, it may be the case that another model is more suitable, but without this information I cannot say.

To answer your questions:

>Will the device copy a chip?
Yes, as long as it has not been protected.

>Will the device test the chip to see if it is faulty.
Test it how? You can certainly read a chip and compare the checksum of the data to a known value.

>Can I copy a good chip and use the device to compare my working chip to possible faulty chip.
Yes, the Verify function will check the data in the chip with the data in the buffer and report any differences.

>Can the unit be connect to my iMac ?
We do not offer support for Apple Mac for any of our programmer software.

If you would like a formal quotation for this solution then please contact [email protected] and we will get one straight over to you.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Mr Taylor

Re: Best Device to buy advise Please

Postby Mr Taylor » 15 Jan 2017 09:48

Thank you Neil

Return to “General Conversation”