Loading Lib. ROM to get similar KOBETRON signatures

Topics related to the Dataman S4 validator

Loading Lib. ROM to get similar KOBETRON signatures

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:42

I have a Dataman S4 Validator, and I would like to check signatures similar to Kobetron. I have the gold labeled library ROM just like what the manual says, that needs to be loaded . Can I just load this, by following the instructions ? Any tips ?

Dante Cruz

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Loading Lib. ROM to get similar KOBETRON signatures

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 12:42

Hello Dante Cruz,

There are two version of the validation libraries, the SHA-1 and CRC32. Both can be downloaded from our website here. This link also takes you to a supported device list for the validation libraries a user manual in PDF format and some other related information.

If you have the gold or silver library PROMs then to load them you simply insert one into the ZIF socket of the S4, hit the LIB key then ENTER.

For those who have never used the Validator, the way you start the validation process is to press the green "Sum" key. It detects the EPROM by its electronic ID and generates the SHA-1 or CRC signature. If no electronic ID is present or is invalid, you have an option to select a generic part number. You will then be able to select from the supported devices and generate a SHA-1 or CRC32 signature.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neil Parker

Return to “Dataman S4 Validator”