S4 receive library

Topics related to the Dataman S4
adriangodwin

S4 receive library

Postby adriangodwin » 22 Jan 2023 11:22

I want to use the 'load library from PC' function, FUNC RCVE, invoking it on the S4 and manually sending the file.

When I run it, I get a messages RESTRICT LOAD ON and prompts
NO LOAD > FFFFFF
NO LOAD < 000000
I can only change the first 2 digits of these values.

These aren't described in the S4 manual (at least as far as I can find). What does it do ? I thought it might
automate the task of removing data between F800-FFFF but the ability to change only the first 2 digits makes
this impossible.

So far, my efforts to change the library this way have failed - the transfer proceeds normally but after resetting I
still have the earlier library loaded (eprom 3.00).

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: S4 receive library

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 23 Jan 2023 09:51

Hello adriangodwin,

If you are trying to load a new library into the S4 then FUNC RCVE is not the right command. There is an application note on our website here which details the steps to load a new library from the PC to the S4.

If you have any further questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker

adriangodwin

Postby adriangodwin » 23 Jan 2023 12:16

The app note though, assumes that I'm using the windows software which I don't want to do (because I'm not running windows). That is, though, the operation I'm trying to perform. Just using it from the keyboard, as with the normal RCVE operation.

I'm following the instructions on page 76 of the manual.

I do note that 'RL' from the serial port doesn't have the RESTRICT LOAD prompt that I get with FUNC RECV. And Ive found that in BIOS mode FUNC RECV does what I expect - it's only when the EPROM library is loaded that I get
the restricted prompt.

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 23 Jan 2023 16:29

I have not used that command on the S4. Using the Windows S4 driver the commands that I use to send a library to the S4 and load it into the TPA are from the Transfer menu > Download Library. This asks for the location of the library .hex and send it to the S4. After reset and power off/on the new library can be loaded by hitting ENTER on the S4.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Return to “Dataman S4”