Difference in Pro and UXP

General topics relating to Dataman that do not fit the above categories

Difference in Pro and UXP

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 10:02

Unfortuneately I have a Micromaster LV48 and I have been left out in the cold with the chip updates since they dissappeared. I am looking to buy a new programmer and I am stuck between the 48UXP and the 48Pro. Any opinions on the differences in the two programmers - device support - other fucnctions etc.

Thanks for any pointers,

Jason.

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Difference in Pro and UXP

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 10:02

Hi Jason,

Both products are similar; however there are a few differences which are explained below to help you decide which programmer will be more suited to your requirements:

The Dataman-48Pro has ISP(In System Programming) capability. The Dataman-48UXP comes with a free 44pin PLCC adapter which is not included with the Dataman-48Pro.

Free software updates are more frequent on the Dataman-48Pro (every 2-3 weeks), whereas on the Dataman-48UXP (every 3 months), software for both is available to download from our website free of charge. Both programmers have USB2.0 and parallel connectivity, and come with a 3 year warranty as standard.

Although they both support a very wide range of devices, if you have some specific chips you would like to program I would advise you to check the support on each product as each product is not exactly the same in terms of devices supported, whereas one specific chip may be supported on one programmer but not the other and vice versa. This is also the same with regards to programming speeds, however they are both extremely fast in comparison to other models available in the market today

Hope this helps!

Neil

Return to “General Conversation”