Data trasmision logging

General topics relating to Dataman that do not fit the above categories

Data trasmision logging

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 10:03

Iam interested in recording that data sent to a small flash mem chip in an older car in order to see what is being used to program the flash mem and what is being programed in a hex value.

these are the things that I ave tried is with a logging software tht loggs transmisions recieved on a DB9 cable placed a max3323 chip and a battery supply of 3.5 volts to the max chip tied in the the data line on the flash chip and then started loggin using the T1 in adn out lines of the max chip connected to the Pc via serial cable, How ever I dont recieve but maybe 2 or 3 bits. What I am trying to do is use the aftermarket chip programer for the car and see what variables they are changeing to varry the out put of the motor. I can not remove and read the chip inside due to the price of the adapter of the devide but I can how ever remove the chip in the programer and rewrite it and its data so... To make it more simple I guess Im looking at changing the data in the programer to suit my needs and then program the data in the flash mem chip in the car with the data I want BUT I dotn know what portion of the data in the the programer is being sent to the car if any out of the chip I located and read in my 48-pro? Does this make sense LOL. Please some one with an idea help me out here.

Thanks
guest customer

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Data trasmision logging

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 10:03

Hi,

This is a bit outside the device programming area so I cannot really offer any help.

Perhaps another customer can assist you with the project.

Neil

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 10:03

Let me ask this I have been looking for the last couple of days and so far all that I can find that may be what Iam looking for is an I2C loger but not realy shure. This is what I hope to acomplish is by tieing into the ground line of an flash memory chip and the data line and perhaps the clock line as well if need be to see what the the "after market programers" are changing when certain varibles are selected. from what i understand as well that the flash memoriy in these ECM's that hold the information are password protected but the aftermarket and the oem machine have this pass when they reprogram the flash chips. So the theroy was if the programer send the the new data to be programed to the flash then it must also send the infamous pass as well, and if I can log the data sent then I could get the pass and see which data packets are being changed as well to what for certain varibles. then with a little trial and error and a lot of thought hope fully be able to distinguish a "pattern" in the data packet.

But Im not shure if the I2C loggers will do just that or not and would prefer to see if there is a verry cheap and quick way to test this to see if infact it is gonna work that way before I spend the momney for a full on data logger.

All I realy need niel is a point in the right direction as to what to look for and if in fact that this I2C logger is the answer for me.

Thank
Guest, as well as customer

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 10:04

What you are asking for is not straight forward at all. I really have very limited knowledge in this area.
There are a few companies that provide a solution similar to what you describe but they cost several hundreds if not thousands of pounds.

If you are asking can I program this device or why cant I program this device then I can help you.

Neil

Return to “General Conversation”