having NAND erase respect the setup in "access method"

Topics related to the Dataman 48Pro+
Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: having NAND erase respect the setup in "access method"

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 16:47

Hello Bad_Ad84,

I have brought this case up with our engineers again and as it is an additional feature request as opposed to a bug or something that we missed out of the NAND FLASH support, and looking at the complexity and amount of work required we simply cannot justify it at present.

Your request remains the first and only request that we have received for this feature.

All of our programming algorithms follow 100% the manufacturer specification and I find it highly unlikely that you will find another programmer that offers the selective erase feature you require for these NAND FLASH devices.

I am sorry that we could not be of more help on this occasion.

Regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 16:47

My previous programmer supported it (was just slow).

There are even hacked up ones made by hobbyists that do it.

Im sure I can find one.

Bad_Ad84

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 16:47

I think this would be a useful feature too.

If you simply ignore bad block management/re-mapping during the individual or selected block erasing procedure then it should be fairly easy to implement. If you then encounter an erase or verify error you'd know that you had to perform a complete erase and reprogramming of the device to include proper bad block re-mapping.

If you were considering implementing proper bad block management on this single/selected block erasing feature then I can see how it could be complex to add alongside the complete erase/program option, but perhaps offering this feature without any bad block management could be a compromise?

Ataribin

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 16:48

Without any bad block management is fine.

Bad_Ad84

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 16:48

Hello, sir.
working with electronic equipment maintenance.
Need to know how do I copy one memory to another.

Memory Sansumg K9F1G08U0C, I took the memory copied the files on PC. then I got another memory destination, turned off the files and recorded it, so it does not work.

Before I write the boot block and check that the accused has three bad destination memory block, it does not come on why?

How do I write to the destination memory skipping the bad blocks, because the memory is 1 giga bit and files is 132 mb. then have enough space to record skipping the bad blocks.
I need to know how to succeed.

clodoaldo padilha

Return to “Dataman 48Pro+”