Existing ClientServerObject

Topics related to the Dataman 48Pro2
ProgrammerTOS

Existing ClientServerObject

Postby ProgrammerTOS » 26 Jan 2017 13:15

Hello,

when I am remote-controlling the dataman via LabView by using the RemoteLB.dll /RemoteLBNet.dll sometimes I get an error that the ClientServerObject alread exists. This happens when I do not destroy the instance of the RemoteLB correctly. Could I manually find the instance of the ClientServerObject an destroy it (for example via the Task-Manager)?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Existing ClientServerObject

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 27 Jan 2017 12:54

Hello ProgrammerTOS,

I believe it would be best to terminate them all correctly.

I am afraid that I don't understand the question fully - if the task remains in the system, then it is no problem to remove it using task manager. What problem specifically do you have?

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

ProgrammerTOS

Postby ProgrammerTOS » 27 Jan 2017 13:05

Hello Mr. Parker,

thank you for your answer.

Sometimes it happens that I stopp my LabView-Application (during debugging) over the development-System and then the Application doesn't run through the correct termination-process of the remotelb.dll. In this case the instance of the dll will not be destroyed and when I start the application again I get the error that the ClientServerObject already exists.
At this point I have to restart my PC and would like to know if I could find the Instance for example in the task-manager to close it. Do I have a chance to close the instance manually?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 31 Jan 2017 09:21

Hello ProgrammerTOS,

The instance of PG4UW.exe can be closed using task manager, but I think that PG4UW is running correctly.

The LabView and your 3rd party application loads the DLL and maps it into its virtual address space. Please try restarting LabView with the application instead of the PC.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

ProgrammerTOS

Postby ProgrammerTOS » 31 Jan 2017 10:16

Hello Mr. Parker,

thank you for your answer.

I tried to restart LabView and my application instead of restarting my PC and it works. There is no error that the ClientServerObject already exists. So that means that the dll is maped to the virtual address space of the LabView-Runtime.

Best regards

Return to “Dataman 48Pro2”