How to read a NAND Flash's ID ?

General topics relating to devices and programming
jbeucher

How to read a NAND Flash's ID ?

Postby jbeucher » 22 May 2017 13:23

Hello,

I am currently trying to read a Micron NAND Flash's unique ID with the Dataman-48Pro2 programmer.
Is it possible to achieve this directly using the PG4UW software (v3.32) ?
If not, is it possible to send low-level commands to the Flash through the Dataman-48Pro2 ? Maybe with the Remote Control feature ? According to the datasheet the command byte to send is 0xED.

Thanks,

jbeucher

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: How to read a NAND Flash's ID ?

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 23 May 2017 09:15

Hello jbeucher,

Currently our software cannot read a NAND Flash's unique ID.

I have asked our engineers to analyse the possibility of adding a feature that will allow the reading of a NAND Flash's unique ID to our software, I hope to have our full answer by the end of next week.

I will update this post when I have the information.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 30 May 2017 11:00

Hello jbeucher,

After analysis of this request our engineers have said that technically, we can implement a Read Unique ID feature, but ... as it is a rarely requested feature (this request is only the second request) and the implementation is non-trivial, it really depends on the requested functionality of the implementation - if we just show the ID information in the log window during a read operation or if the ID information has to be part of the programming system, similar to the serialisation feature.

Please specify exactly what type of implementation you need.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

jbeucher

Postby jbeucher » 31 May 2017 06:57

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your reply.
I don't need anything too fancy, I just need to be able to see the ID in the log during a read operation.

jbeucher

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 31 May 2017 10:12

Hello jbeucher,

OK, in that case we are towards the lower end of the implementation time necessary for this feature however, it is still not a trivial task. We checked our competitors for the same implementation, in order to have a better understanding of how frequently is this feature is requested - we could not find any that offer it...

We can treat this as an OnDemand (chargable) implementation that will be locked to the s/n of your programmer(s).

The implementation into our software can be achieved within 15 working days.

Please contact us with your details using [email protected] and we will provide our formal quotation for the implementation of this feature.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Devices and Programming”