Program error

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP

Program error

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 11:20

Hi,
I'm trying to program PIC18F4320 when using dataman 48XP and got the following error

Buffer Addr 0h
Device Addr 0h
Expect Data 1Dh
Device Data FFh
Program error found

When i clicked on edit, there was 1Dh at address 0h,which is what i want.. So, the question is where is device data FFh coming from? why is it giving me an error. I can't program it.

Maryam Abdul

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Program error

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 11:20

Maryam

The FFh is the blank state of the device. It is shipped from the factory like this.
It is basically saying that the device has failed at the first address and has bit been programmed at all.

We have had no reported problems with this part, please try chips from a different batch.

Neil

Re: Program error

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 11:21

I did try programming it with a different PIC18F4320 chip and it gave the same error. The thing is, once I load the hex file and clicked on Program, it gave me the error. But if i clicked on Read then Program, it said programmed successfully, but when i placed the chip in my circuit, nothing worked.. So i'm guessing that although it says that it programmed successfully, it actually didn't program anything into it.. my configuration is also fine i think because all that was checked in the config dialog box were what i wanted. And my hex file seems fine because i was able to compile my assembly code without any errors. I'd really appreciate it if you can tell me what the problem is because i have no idea of what's wrong with it.

Maryam Abdul

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”