LABTOOL-48 Malfunction???

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP

LABTOOL-48 Malfunction???

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:04

Hi all!

I hope you can help me with a problem found at my LABTOOL - 48 (firmware Ver 2.20).
I'm using the ADVANTECH Software (labtool-48 for win95/98/NT/2000/ME - Ver 4.67) and it seems that everything is working properly. It reads ok any PICxx or any eprom, but when I try to program any of this devices the Programming fails (VERIFY ERROR!).
Doing the self-test (F7) to the hardware, it fails at the Test Pin Driver Switching showing a message in purple color - "SET PIN 1 TO VHH2 FAILURE!".
I tried to upgrade to different software versions, without success!
Anyone had a similar problem? What can I try to solve this? Tips, ideas please.
Thank you for looking!

Best regards,
Carlos

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: LABTOOL-48 Malfunction???

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:04

Hello Carlos,

The error "SET PIN 1 TO VHH2 FAILURE!" indicates that one of the relays inside the unit has gone down and will need to be repaired.

Please return the unit to us for repair at the address shown here. Details of our standard repair costs can also be seen here. Once we receive the unit turnaround time is just 48 hours.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Re: LABTOOL-48 Malfunction???

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:04

Hello Neil,

please accept my appologies for the late answer to your post. Thank you for your prompt answer and explanation about the malfunction.
Before I send the programmer for repair, I want to inform you that this unit never had an external box, so the two boards are exposed. I will use an anti-static plastic bag and will protect the boards to prevent some kind of damage during transport.
Also, I've been looking for the serial number at the boards, to fill the Worlwide RMA repair form and can't find it, so I won't fill this field.
I will ship the unit Tomorrow by mail. Best regards, Carlos

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”