48uxp windows xp usb drivers

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP

48uxp windows xp usb drivers

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:05

i can t find the usb xp drivers after installing the version 8.10 of 48uxp.some help.thanks

samygsm

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: 48uxp windows xp usb drivers

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:05

Hello samygsm

The USB drivers are contained within the software for the USP programmer and cannot be installed separately. They are installed and registered when the main software is installed on the PC. If they do not appear to have been installed correctly, please uninstall the software using the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature, reboot, install the software again, reboot and connect the programmer.

If this does not solve the problem, please let me know.

Note: there are two versions of the control software for the 48UXP one is parallel and one is USB, please check that you have the correct version as they cannot both be installed at the same time.

Best regards

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:05

i installed and removed the software and installed again more than 5 times.the software is runnig ok with paralell port but when i install the usb one the pc detect the programmer as usb divice only and can t find the drivers.
why?

samygsm

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:06

Hello samygsm

Ok, it sounds like something has gone wrong somewhere. Please try the following with the programmer connected to the PC but with the software closed:

1. Open Device Manager from the Control Panel and locate the "!USB Device", right click on it and select Uninstall.
2. Power off the Dataman-48UXP, wait 10 seconds and power it back on.
3. Windows should detect the new hardware and start the new hardware wizard. If is asks "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?" Select "No, not at this time" and hit Next. Select "Install the software automatically (Recommended)" and click Next. If/when prompted to "Continue Anyway" or "STOP Installation" select "Continue Anyway" then hit Finish.
4. Check the Device Manager window again where you should see the programmer listed correctly.
5. Run the software which should open and detect the programmer on the USB port.

I hope this resolves your problem. If not, please let me know.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”