S4 Not Powering Up ??

Topics related to the Dataman S4

S4 Not Powering Up ??

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:30

Hi I was wondering if anyone came across a situation where the S4 briefly powers up and then
swithces itself back off again. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ??

Thanks

David

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: S4 Not Powering Up ??

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 11 Nov 2011 12:31

Hello David,

Failure of the S4 to power up is a problem that can usually be rectified by using the following procedure.

1. Plug in the S4 charger, and leave the S4 switched off. Press and hold the reset button in for at least 30 seconds.

2. Release the reset button, and switch on. S4 should now power up. Press ENTER if asked START LIBRARY? Press INFO, and the display will inform you of battery voltage, temperature, and whether or not the charger is connected and switched on/off. If necessary force your unit to charge the battery by pressing the right-hand cursor key until the display reads that the charger is switched ON.

3. Once this has been established then turn the S4 off by the switch (not by the power supply). The display will now inform you that S4 will switch off when charging is complete. Then when the display goes blank, your unit is fully charged.

Neil

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:31

Thanks,
Thats a bit easier than opening it up and connecting the batteries to a PSU- like i have been doing.

Daniel Burke

Postby Guest » 11 Nov 2011 12:31

I have joined a company that has two S4's but no charger, they have been using a transformer to power the S4 but it looks like it has blown up the first unit (burn inside near power plug) and possibly the second is now on remaining battery power only.

Can the unit be powered from a dc supply in place of the rechargeable batteries by connecting a power supply in place of the batteries?

Return to “Dataman S4”