Cant find Dataman 48Pro+ /Win7/winXP

Topics related to the Dataman 48Pro+
Roscoe1088

Cant find Dataman 48Pro+ /Win7/winXP

Postby Roscoe1088 » 07 Feb 2013 14:47

I have two new Dataman 48Pro+ programmers. When I run the PG4UWMC program on my Windows 7 system the program cannon find my programmers. When I run the PG4UWMC program on my Windows XP system the programmers are found, connected and no problems. I am running the latest control software v2.95/01.2013 on both systems. Has anyone else experienced this issue
Thanks, Ross

Roscoe1088

Re: Cant find Dataman 48Pro+ /Win7/winXP

Postby Roscoe1088 » 11 Feb 2013 20:40

Afer deliberating on this issue for a couple of days, the Dataman technical support guys suggested "dumbing down" my local firewall settings. I did this and everything is good. I am still not exactly sure why firewall settings affected my USB devices from being detected, but I think it is how the PG4UW program and PG4UWMC programs interact. Anybody have a better expalnation
Thanks, Ross

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Cant find Dataman 48Pro+ /Win7/winXP

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 13 Feb 2013 15:23

Ross,

I am glad that we managed to resolve the problem that you were experiencing.

The problem was caused by your firewall settings. Basically the MultiControl application when launched calls up x instances of the Engineering Mode application (dependent on the number of programmers or sites available) and communicates with them using TCP/IP. So, even though the Engineering Mode applications connect directly to the programmers over USB the MultiControl application requires TCP/IP access to the Engineering Mode application instances in order to control them.

I hope this information is helpful to other customers that may experience this problem.

Best regards
Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 48Pro+”