Checksum Error

Topics related to the Dataman S4

Checksum Error

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2011 16:01

I have been using the S4 for a few weeks now and I have really enjoyed it. Recently I have started having some major issues with it though.

Yesterday we started getting a VCC SETTING ERROR whenever we attempted to do anything and the library would not load. Luckily we had a backup library so we attempted to get it to load from the chip. No success. Every button we pushed would cause this VCC SETTING ERROR. We were finally able to fix it by removing the power and the battery that was not soldered into place. I was able to use the S4 all day yesterday.

Today I have gotten a new problem. Everytime I attempt to burn a .hex file into the S4 so that it can emulate a chip it gets about 40-70% done then stops. The sound goes off until 40-70% and then I see a checksum error on the computer screen.

How does a checksum error appear while I am in the process of downloading a .hex file?

Greg

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Checksum Error

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Nov 2011 16:01

Hi Greg,

It sounds as though you have temporarily fixed the VCC SETTING problem.

As for the hex file, can I ask you to email it to me for analysis. This way we can determine if it is a problem with the S4 or the file.

Neil

Return to “Dataman S4”