PIC16C73A-20/SP

Topics related to the Dataman S4

PIC16C73A-20/SP

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2011 17:01

Hi,

I am finally up and running and have manged to program my very first PIC with the S4 (woo hoo!)

I have just done several but had the protection switch turner off. Is it possible to either erase or re-program this PIC. I have been told it is , when I try the programming ends with

Verify at VDDmin
00FFE
RAM=0FFF ROM=0000

On the PC

and

Address 01FXX

On the S4

I am using a Dell Lattitude D520 and notice someone had a problem with a Dell laptop.

It has taken me ages to get the thing to work and only seems to do so if I have the settings at 9600 baud and RTS enabled.

Strange thing is although I have programmed about five PICs with Protection off , when I press FUNC TEST on the S4 it states CODE PROTECT ON ??

Any help appreciated as I do not really want to throw away these five if they are wrong as these little suckers seem very hard to get now !

Regards

Ian

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: PIC16C73A-20/SP

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Nov 2011 17:01

Hello Ian,

I will assume that you have the S4 PIC module set and the correct library loaded into the S4.

The TEST key without hitting FUNC first will check the device and display the current code protect status of the device.

Setting the configuration options for the device is done using the FUNC - COMP key combination, with the values changed using the left/right arrow keys on the S4. Once set the BURN key will program the user data AND the config. options.

If you are still having problems then please let me know.

Regards

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman S4”