S4 issues

Topics related to the Dataman S4

S4 issues

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2011 17:01

Hi There, i have some small issues with my S4, firstly whan it has not been used for a few days & you turn it on, it starts briefly then switches off, it can be reset & will start normally then for a while, only if the charger is connected.
secondly the ZIF seems to have a connection problem, most eproms dont program unless a gentle pressure is applied on the device.
i can live with it at present, but any ideas on how long till the release of the sucessor to this (S5)???

Regards Rob

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: S4 issues

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Nov 2011 17:02

Hi,

We are working on the S5 and are currently in the late prototype stages. I cant however give you a release date for it. Please check our website regularly as we will post information on it closer to the time.

As for your S4 it sounds as though your battery pack has had it. You can purchase a replacement directly from us. With the ZIF socket you can try locking a device in it and sliding it side to side which will effectively scrape the contact of any contamination and hopefully give you a little longer on it.

Neil

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2011 17:02

Hi guys
I have the same problem, and my battery pack is a new one.
When i keep out the battery pack i can charge it with an external charger, then when i replace the pac on the dataman, all is ok for about 8 days.
There is a power consumption when the dataman is switched off ?

martinat

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Nov 2011 17:02

Hello martinat,

Yes, the Dataman S4 draws a small current when switched off (anywhere between 5uA and 200uA). If connected to the charger your S4 should automatically charge the internal battery pack when the voltage drops to 8.4v. If this is not happening then I would suspect a fault with the charging circuit and/or the mains charger. You can check the charger which should be outputting about 13v AC. If the charger checks out OK then you will need to return the S4 to us for repair.

Please check our website for details on how to return the programmer to us.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman S4”