S-4 2 Dead Batteries

Topics related to the Dataman S4

S-4 2 Dead Batteries

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2011 17:08

Ok, stupid question, my s-4 worked great about 2 years ago when i last used it. Today it will not do anything. The voltage coming out of the charger is 16vac . The onboard 3.3v battery is only providing .6vdc and the pack nicad is only providing .6vdc. Is there anyway to get this thing to work again? i am going to buy new batteries, do i need to install lib? Etc....

Thanks,

172heavy

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: S-4 2 Dead Batteries

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Nov 2011 17:09

Hello 172heavy,

From the information you have provided about the current nicad pack I would say that it is unlikely that you will be able to revive it. However if you have not yet done so please follow the directions for the reset procedure, details on our website here under the section: How to revive a dead S4. If this does not work then you will need a new battery pack and from the sounds of it a new lithium backup cell. Both are available direct from Dataman.

If after replacing the battery pack and lithium cell the S4 will still not power on then there may be damage to the charging circuit. If this is the case then I would ask you to return the S4 to us for repair. Details of our returns procedure can be found on our website.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman S4”