Configuring the RemoteLib for 64bit LabVIEW?

General topics relating to Dataman that do not fit the above categories
Automate

Configuring the RemoteLib for 64bit LabVIEW?

Postby Automate » 04 Jul 2018 04:50

I've been trying to get back up and running an old LabVIEW program that had accessed into the Dataman via the RemoteLb (old PC packed up). The new computer has all the latest such as Win10, LabVIEW 2017 and Dataman software. Some of the newer drivers for require x64 and now I can't seem to get the Dataman software to run any more on the old code. I can get Dataman working in 32bit mode for LabVIEW but the 64bits drivers don't work :?

Well I figured I would try and keep everything working in 64bit. I did copy over the RemoteLb file from the x64 bit but it failed to start the dataman up. I can see the files to recompile the RemoteLbNET.dll to x64, but haven't been able to get the RemoteLb.dll up.

I did notice that the x64 was compiled May17 and the base was May18.
Would I be able to get the x64 bit RemoteLbNET and RemoteLb dll for x64 updated?
If there is some newer example code for LabVIEW as well that would be good.

Thanks

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Configuring the RemoteLib for 64bit LabVIEW?

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 05 Jul 2018 11:40

Hello Automate,

Thank you for posting in our user forum.

Based on the information you have provided, you cannot overwrite existing files with the 64 bit remotelb.dll and remotelbNET.dll in the path where the Dataman software is located because it needs the 32 bit versions of the dlls.

You need to copy the 64 bit remotelb.dll and remotelbNET.dll (from e.g. "c:\Program Files (x86)\Dataman\Dataman-Pro\remotectrl\programs\Remotelb_x64") to the location where your 3-rd party LabView 64 bit application is.

Each application loads the appropriate dll version of the module into the address space of the calling process (32 bit dataman and 64 bit labview software) and so they cooperate through the TCP/IP protocol.

I hope this helps but if you have any further questions, please conatct me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “General Conversation”