Dataman 48 parallel port tip and manual query

Topics related to the Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP
1980s_john

Dataman 48 parallel port tip and manual query

Postby 1980s_john » 20 Feb 2021 21:03

Hi,
Many thanks for still supporting the Dataman 48, I have bought a used one on the basis of available software and a great list of devices supported (I mainly work on 1980s and 90s hardware with through-hole construction).

I downloaded the v4.67 software for the Dataman 48, but had issues on my Dell C540 laptop. Thanks to previous forum users I read this laptop only supports the parallel port ECP mode not the earlier EPP mode which the Dataman 48 (or the v4.67 software) requires - a check on the Dell setup menu confirmed this.

I dug out my old XP desktop which supports a EPP+ECP mode for the parallel port, and the software and programmer are now working fine - thanks!

I am now looking for a user manual. Not essential, but a nice-to-have. I see Advantech issued a Labtool-48 Users Manual, was there a Dataman version please or can anyone provide a scan? If it really adds nothing that the software help provides then please advise.

Regards,
John

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Dataman 48 parallel port tip and manual query

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 22 Feb 2021 15:58

Hello 1980s_john,

Thank you for your post. The user manual for the Dataman-48/LV was never made available in electronic format so unfortunately, we cannot provide this. Perhaps another user with a hard copy would be willing to scan it in and post it up on here for others to use.

Due to the age of this unit we no longer have any of these manuals around. If one does turn up then we will scan it in and post it up here.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

1980s_john

Re: Dataman 48 parallel port tip and manual query

Postby 1980s_john » 22 Feb 2021 23:00

Thanks Neil.

Please can anyone with a Dataman 48 (or Advantech Labtool 48) manual in the UK either get in touch with Dataman or send me a PM if they can loan it to me temporarily for scanning, and I can then share and mail the original manual back to you.

Regards,
John

Return to “Dataman 48, 48LV, 48XP and 48UXP”