Testing - 74LVC series

General topics relating to devices and programming
Tarkie-101

Testing - 74LVC series

Postby Tarkie-101 » 17 Apr 2021 15:07

Am i able to test 74LVC series, specifically I have a requirement to test 74LVC245's.

Also, is there any documentation for testing?

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Testing - 74LVC series

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 19 Apr 2021 08:48

Hello Tarkie-101,

We do not currently support the 74LVC series of devices. I will ask our engineers if it is something we can implement support for. I will get back to you on this.

Some general information on testing devices with our programmers:

DEVICE / IC TEST BY TEST VECTORS

This command activates a test section for ICs, mainly Standard Logic IC. The ICs are sorted by type of technology to groups/libraries.

First select an appropriate library, wished device and then a mode for test vectors run (LOOP, SINGLE STEP). Control sequence and test results are displayed to Programmer activity log. In case of need, it is possible to define the test vectors directly by user. Detailed description of syntax and methods of creation testing vectors is described in example_e.lib file, which is in programs installation folder.

Notes:

Testing of IC is done using test vectors at some (pretty low) speed. The tests by test vectors can not detect all defects of the chip. In other words, if IC test reports "FAIL", then device is defective, but if the test result is "PASS", it means the chip passed our tests, but it still might not pass the tests, that check other - mainly dynamic - parameters of the tested IC

Because the rising/falling edges of programmers are tuned for programming of chips, sometimes the test of some chips fails, although the chips aren't defective (counters for example).

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Testing - 74LVC series

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 21 Apr 2021 14:29

Hello Tarkie-101,

Our engineers have said that with the Dataman-48Pro2 you can create a "74_CMOS_LV.LIB" file from the existing "74_CMOS.LIB" just by modifying the header (voltage, comment) (see attached file)
74_CMOS_LV.zip
(6.93 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Then just place it in the directory where the main PG4UW software is located, beside the other .lib files.

The Pg4uw software can be downloaded and will run unrestricted in DEMO mode:
https://www.dataman.com/mwdownloads/dow ... nk/id/196/

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Devices and Programming”