checksum recalculation when placing flash back on to the target device

Topics related to the Dataman 48Pro2
tomanycars

Re: checksum recalculation when placing flash back on to the target device

Postby tomanycars » 27 Mar 2022 19:57

Hello,

Did you see the info that we provide for this device:
General Info:
Flash module PFlash0 includes 2MB of PFlash memory - buffer named PFlash0.
DFlash includes 64kB of additional data flash memory - buffer named DFlash.
Supported address range:
PFlash0 - 80000000h-801FFFFFh, A0000000h-A01FFFFFh, mapped to 0h-1FFFFFh (buffer named PFlash0)
DFlash0 - 8FE00000h-8FE07FFFh, AFE00000h-AFE07FFFh, mapped to 0h-7FFFh (buffer named DFlash)
DFlash1 - 8FE10000h-8FE17FFFh, AFE10000h-AFE17FFFh, mapped to 8000h-FFFFh (buffer named DFlash)

Due to internal technical reasons of software the save file is supported only as Intel HEX file type, we are sorry for this inconvenience.
PFlash0 - 80000000h-801FFFFFh
DFlash0 - 8FE00000h-8FE07FFFh
DFlash1 - 8FE10000h-8FE17FFFh

If you have performed a READ on a master device then the data in the buffer or the HEX file if you save it out to your PC contains all the information from the device, in the correct places. In order to program this data onto a new blank device you just need to make sure you select the correct areas of the device to program based on the buffer data you observe from the master device:

Capture.PNG

If there is a date in all mentioned locations then you would select all three areas to program.

If I have misunderstood your post then please let me know.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers Ltd

thanks for the response , although I did spot the information regarding the copying of the data and its saved in a HEX file. , but there is no mention of integrity of the copying , this is why when i copy the the master , and then copy over to the destination chip. i would still need to know its been copied correctly. and its intact.

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: checksum recalculation when placing flash back on to the target device

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 28 Mar 2022 10:30

Hello tomanycars,

When you READ a device, the data is copied into the buffer and a checksum value is calculated. This data is then verified against the device by reading it again, and the result is shown. You can take a note of this checksum value. If you then program a blank device, the verify procedure again compares the buffer data with the data read out of the new device. If the result is OK then you know that you have a faithful copy of the original.

I don't know any additional steps to would improve upon this process.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 48Pro2”