S3 BIOS entry points - GAL-PAL-EPLD Library

Topics related to the Dataman S3
8-bit-z80micro

S3 BIOS entry points - GAL-PAL-EPLD Library

Postby 8-bit-z80micro » 19 Dec 2021 23:07

Is there any documentation on the BIOS ROM entry points for the S3?

The manual says that BIOS mode is there to support development of a new programming Help Library but then neglects to provide any further details.

It does have some limited lists of some of the variables for Pulse table, AND/OR tables, and comms parameters in EPROM programming mode but nothing on any of the other library roms in particular I am interested in the GAL/PAL/ EPLD documentation. Nor does there appear to be anything on CPU, memory or I/O ie information needed to write a new eprom.

I am particularly interested in the GAL / PAL Algorithm, Pulse, AND/OR tables together with the support routines.

I would like to create a new library EPROM to program some un supported devices.

Thanks

Peter

8-bit-z80micro

Re: S3 BIOS entry points - GAL-PAL-EPLD Library

Postby 8-bit-z80micro » 19 Dec 2021 23:20

There was apparently an SDE and a DEVPAK available for the S3 but I can find no reference to them on your site.

How do I obtain copies of them?

Thanks

Peter

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: S3 BIOS entry points - GAL-PAL-EPLD Library

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 20 Dec 2021 09:49

Peter,

The S3 is now over 30 years old, all information that we have been able to round up is available on our website. If there was anything else then it has been lost I am afraid. There are no longer any staff working at Dataman that have first hand knowledge/experience with the S3 programmer. Sorry I don't have better news.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman S3”