S4 and the MOD 40 adapter

Topics related to the Dataman S4
andrew96

S4 and the MOD 40 adapter

Postby andrew96 » 10 Mar 2014 13:56

Hi Neil

I am trying to firstly read a 27c4100 eprom, I find my 40pro does not support this so have gone back to my S4 as this does support this with the MOD40 adapter. (good job I kepted it)

My questions are

1) How do I know I have the right mod 40 adapter? I see there are 2 different types, I need the mrom one, so how do I tell which one i have?

I have tried doing a read but I don't see the data I know is contained within the rom, so my next question is,

2) If I have the right adapter how can I test it to see if it is working correctly? I do know my S4 is perfect and working well.

3) Does the 40pro support any 40 pin mrom types at all? I could not see any when I searched

Many thanks
Andrew
Attachments
mod40.JPG

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: S4 and the MOD 40 adapter

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 29 Apr 2014 09:30

Hello Andrew,

Apologies, I seem to have overlooked your post.

I have answered your questions below:

>1) How do I know I have the right mod 40 adapter? I see there are 2 different types, I need the mrom one, so how do I tell which one i have?

There are 2 modules for the S4. The Mod40 which uses the JEDEC format. Then the Mod42 which uses the MROM format pin-out. Any 42 pin EPROM is in the MROM format. If your EPROM is 40 pins you will need to consult our list to find out the format: http://www.dataman.com/dataman-s4-modul ... it-devices

>I have tried doing a read but I don't see the data I know is contained within the rom, so my next question is,

>2) If I have the right adapter how can I test it to see if it is working correctly? I do know my S4 is perfect and working well.
Reading a device and using the EDIT button to see the data read from the device will prove that it is working.

>3) Does the 40pro support any 40 pin mrom types at all? I could not see any when I searched
All MROM devices are 42pin so are not supported on the 40Pro as it only has a 40pin ZIF socket.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

andrew96

Re: S4 and the MOD 40 adapter

Postby andrew96 » 01 Dec 2014 00:36

Many thanks Neil

sorry for the late reply as didnt see your answer.

I found that my old Dataman 48XP/UXP actually supported it with no troubles! seems a better programmer than the later ones, does chips with fewer adapters than the 48pro2 I recently bought!

thanks
Andrew

Return to “Dataman S4”