"No contact" pin criteria

Topics related to the Dataman 40Pro
hstewart03049

"No contact" pin criteria

Postby hstewart03049 » 19 Feb 2024 16:53

Our fixture has a few pins that are not connected to the DIP40 and we would like to add a load to these pins to eliminate the need to ignore bad pins. I expect it is some R value to ground. I tried 100k ohm and still received errors.

Thanks

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: "No contact" pin criteria

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 21 Feb 2024 09:31

Hello hstewart03049,

I am sorry but we can only provide support for our HW and SW.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

hstewart03049

Postby hstewart03049 » 21 Feb 2024 15:23

The question is "what is the criteria for declaring "bad contact" on the 40Pro. It is your hardware.

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 21 Feb 2024 15:35

I can provide the information from the programmer manual about this topic, but I cannot reveal any specifics:

DATAMAN-40PRO performs device insertion test based on the check of proper signal path
between the programmer and programmed device before it programs each device. In
dependence on programming configuration it identifies missed or poor contact between
programmed device and the ZIF socket of the programming adapter (or the programmer
directly), missed or poor contact between the programming adapter and the programmer and
it's also able to indicate wrong position of device in the ZIF socket of the programmer / the
programming adapter (moved, rotated, backward oriented). These capabilities, supported by
overcurrent protection and signature-byte check help prevent chip damage due to operator
error.

If you have a poor contact situation using our programmer and our programming socket then we can help. Please provide the problem report (Help > Create problem report) showing the poor contact situation and our engineers will take a look and advise the next steps.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 40Pro”