Which DATAman model will test these types of Chips

Topics related to the Dataman 40Pro
vancalton

Postby vancalton » 23 May 2015 00:24

what can I use to read the files and then write the files to new blank chips?

D43256AC-12LL, Static RAM

TIBPAL16LL8-25CN, SPLD Simple Programmable Logic Devices

27C256-2 , CMOS EPROM chip

AM9128-10PC, Static RAM

EP310DC-2, 8 Macrocell EPLD , Altera

IDT 7201-LA120D, CMOS Asynchronous FIFO First in/First out dual port memory

IDT 6116 = 2K X 8 CMOS Asynchronous Static RAM

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Which DATAman model will test these types of Chips

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 27 May 2015 09:36

Hello vancalton,

Based on your requirements I would recommend the Dataman-48Pro2 Universal Programmer and the upgraded PSU.

The STATIC RAM devices can only be TESTED as no data is stored when power is removed. Please see my other comments below regarding the other devices:

D43256AC-12LL, Static RAM - Not sure if this version is supported, checking with our engineers.

TIBPAL16LL8-25CN, SPLD Simple Programmable Logic Devices - Did you mean TIBPAL16L8-25 (supported on 48Pro2 with upgraded PSU)

27C256-2 , CMOS EPROM chip - Supported on 48Pro2, no adaptor required for DIP package.

AM9128-10PC, Static RAM - Not supported, support request submitted to engineering, I will inform you.

EP310DC-2, 8 Macrocell EPLD , Altera - Supported, device has security feature which may prevent reading out the data to make a copy.

IDT 7201-LA120D, CMOS Asynchronous FIFO First in/First out dual port memory - Not supported, support request submitted to engineering.

IDT 6116 = 2K X 8 CMOS Asynchronous Static RAM - Not supported but IDT6116A is supported, checking situation with engineering. I will inform you.

With the PAL16L8 and other BiPolar devices (high current required for programming) the internal power supply of the Dataman-48Pro2 might not be sufficient for programming some versions of these bipolar PROM/PLD's. In this case a communication error can arise between the programmer and PC. Therefore it is necessary to use a more powerful - external - power supply adapter which can be seen on your website here.

I would urge you to download the control software for the 48Pro2 as it will run unrestricted in demo mode without the programmer and allow you to search the full device support list and generally get a feel for the software: http://www.dataman.com/dataman-48pro2-resources

If all of your devices are in DIP packages then no additional adaptors or modules will be required. We do however have a full range of suitable adaptor sockets for almost all available package types.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Which DATAman model will test these types of Chips

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 02 Jun 2015 08:29

Hello vancalton,

Please see my responses below regarding the support for the following devices:

NEC, D43256AC-12LL, DIP 28
We are to able to implement support of this chip. Please provide one (non-returnable) sample device for testing and finalizing of the algorithm.

AMD, AM9128-10PC, DIP24
We are to able to implement support of this chip. Please provide one (non-returnable) sample device for testing and finalizing of the algorithm.

IDT, 7201-LA120D, DIP28
This device is not an sRAM. Please provide a description of what you want to be tested and at what speed, etc, we must be clear on what we have to impliment, we can then calculate the cost and I will provide a quotation.

IDT, 6116, DIP24, ZIF
We are able to implement our standard sRAM test for this chip. We will need one (non-returnable) sample for final verification of the implementation.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

Return to “Dataman 40Pro”