Networked but non-PC based programming

General topics relating to devices and programming

Networked but non-PC based programming

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:12

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of a gang EEPROM programming product which is not PC based but has an ethernet connection?

The reason i ask is because i would ideally not like to tie up a PC just for programming, but i do need to acces software from the works server. So essentially i suppose it would be a programmer with a basic PC and ethernet connection built in.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: Networked but non-PC based programming

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 10 Nov 2011 12:13

Hello Gary,

I believe our Dataman-848Pro Universal Gang Programmer meets your requirements.

The D-848Pro is our 8 Gang Universal Stand Alone Programmer with eight independent 48-pin ZIF sockets, USB 2.0 connectivity and internal control PC driven by Windows XP Embedded. There is a touch screen LCD display on the programmer which allows basic control of the programming environment.

If you connect up a standard monitor, keyboard and mouse to the programmer you will effectively have a standard PC setup. The 848Pro has in integrated Ethernet port with DHCP enabled as default. When connected to a network the programmer can be accessed remotely using the Windows Remote Desktop Connection program and you will have full remote control of the programmer. Shares can be setup and files copied to and from the programmer. Remote setup of the programming environment and programming jobs can also easily be achieved in this way. The programmer could easily be on the other side of the planet yet you would still have full access and control.

The D848Pro programmer while being a gang programmer still supports a massive 49,300+ devices with super fast programming speeds. This is not normally the case with gang programmers which tend to specialize in the number and types of devices they support. The Dataman-848Pro also has eight ISP (In System Programming) ports which is becoming a more and more common method of programming devices while installed on the target boards.

The Dataman-848Pro comes with a 3 year warranty as standard and has software updates available from our website to be downloaded free of charge to keep your programmer up to date with the latest devices being released.

The full programmer specifications and full device support list can be found using the link provided above.

If you have any further questions on this product please post them here and I will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Neil Parker

Re: Networked but non-PC based programming

Postby Guest » 10 Nov 2011 12:13

Thanks for your help Neil.

That sounds like exactly the sort of thing i need, unfortunately however it is prohibitively expensive.

Thanks once again for your time.

Gary

Return to “Devices and Programming”