In System Programming (ISP) for EEPROM.

General topics relating to devices and programming
PAdebo

In System Programming (ISP) for EEPROM.

Postby PAdebo » 18 Mar 2015 15:27

I need to write some constant into my EEPROM (I2C) on my board using the dataman-48PRO programmer which has the ISP connector. Are there any manual and instructions to guide me through? I need to know how to set it up as well as using the Dataman pro desktop application.

Paul. A

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Re: In System Programming (ISP) for EEPROM.

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 23 Mar 2015 12:46

Hello Paul,

Which device are you working with exactly?

When you select a device in our software in ISPmode, for example: "93C46 (ISP)" we provide all the connection details including a schematic of our recommendation for connecting to the target device under the "Device info" section:
Image1.jpg
Image2.jpg
If you have any questions, please contact me.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

PAdebo

Postby PAdebo » 23 Mar 2015 15:55

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to program the AT24C16A EEPROM however, I have been looking at the Software for a while now and can not find where to select the ISP mode for the device.

Thanks

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 23 Mar 2015 16:06

Hello Paul,

Please make sure you are running the latest software version which is currently v3.12.
Image1.jpg
Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers Ltd

PAdebo

Postby PAdebo » 13 Apr 2015 11:54

Hi Neil,

I have been experiencing some challenges in getting the EEPROM Programmed. I am a bit new to this.

For the ISP connector, is it necessary I make Pins 2,4,6,8,10,12,17 & 18 all connected to GND, or I just need connect one of them to ground ?

I also need to know how to set the parameters before programming, as I get a lot of errors. Do you have any documents or user guide that can provide clarity for this, especially how to load the data's (format) to be written into the EEPROM.

Thanks.
Paul. A

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 14 Apr 2015 08:06

Hello Paul,

All terminals that are marked ground must be tied to ground.

Which parameters are you unsure of? Do you mean the device configuration settings or the ISP programming parameters? Can you provide more information.

I am not sure what you mean by "how to load the data's (format) to be written into the EEPROM". Our software will accept data in any format: HEX, BIN, MOT, ASCII etc...

If you can describe exactly what you need I will try to help.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Programmers

PAdebo

Postby PAdebo » 14 Apr 2015 13:17

Hello Neil,

My target device is the AT24C16A EEPROM. Looking at the connection details, I have all connected to the target board except Pins 3,7,13,14,15,16,19,and 20. Pin 5 was connected to the target board as well as grounded. I hope this connections are right.

With the target system powered at 3.3vdc, I had a 2.2K pull up resistor connected to the SDA and SCL lines. I would believe this connection is right.

For the ISP programming parameters (after i click on program -F9), how do I set the parameters?
Well for now, non of the boxes are checked, but when I instruct to program i get "please make sure that the write protect feature of the device is inactive" and If ignored, I sill get programming error. So i am still not getting it to program.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks
Paul. A

Dataman (Neil Parker)

Postby Dataman (Neil Parker) » 16 Apr 2015 15:27

Hello Paul,

There is a document which addresses the basics of working with ISP mode and IIC devices specifically. It can be found on our website here.

If you still have questions after reading this document then please let me know and I will try to help.

Best regards,

Neil Parker
Dataman Prammers

Return to “Devices and Programming”